الخميس، 9 ديسمبر 2010

lesson 24





We use this grammatical structure (/을래) to convey one's desired intention for the future. It does not express one's actual intention, but one's desired intention. We often translate it as "want to (verb)." We use this construction with action verbs.

This grammatical construction is in the intimate politeness level. The standard politeness level adds the politeness particle - (/을래요). We use this structure in colloquial situations. There is no formal politeness conjugation.

Formation
Verb Stem +/을래 
We useㄹ래 for verb stems ending in vowels.
For example:
  1. 주다 (juda) “to give”

    + ㄹ래

    줄래() “I want to give (something).”

We use을래 for verb stems ending in consonants.
For example:
  1. 잡다 (japda) “to grab”

    - verb stem

    + 을래

    잡을래 () “I want to grab.”

Example Sentences
  1. 한국으로 갈래요.

    hanguk-euro gallaeyo.

    "I want to go to Korea."
  2. 나는 오늘 결혼할래.

    na-neun oneul gyeolhon hallae.

    "I want to get married today."
  3. 사랑해볼래요.

    saranghaebollaeyo.

    "I want to give love a try."

Related Expressions
-려고 하다
-/ 것이다
-/을계






-/을게 (eulge) is the grammar structure that shows intentions. We use it to indicate a person's intention or plan, but usually as a response to someone's remarks or as a reaction to something that happened. We use this sentence final-ending construction with action verbs and the verb of existence 있다 (itda).

Formation
Standard Politeness Level: 

-/을게요 - (-l / eulge)

Intimate Politeness Level: 

-/을게 - (-l eulge)

I. We use -ㄹ게요 (-lgeyo) with verbs that end in vowels.
사다 (sada) – “to buy”

(sa) - verb stem

+ -ㄹ게요 (sa + lgeyo)

살게요 (salgeyo) – “(I) will buy (it).” - Standard Politeness Level

살게 (salge) – “(I) will buy (it).” - Intimate Politeness Level
II. We use -을게요? (-eulgeyo) with verbs that end in consonants.
있다 (itda) – “to be”

(it) - verb stem

+ 을게요 (iss + eulgeyo)

있을게요 (isseulgeyo) – “(I) will be (here).” - Standard Politeness Level

있을게 (isseulge) – “(I) will be (here).” - Intimate Politeness Level
Example Sentences
  1. 먼저 갈게. 안녕! [가다]

    na meonjeo galge. annyeong!

    "I'm leaving first. Bye!"
  2. 먼저 . 나중에 갈게. [가다]

    meonjeo ga. najung-e galge.

    "You go first. I'll be there later."
  3. 내일 말해 줄게. [말하다/주다]

    naeil malhae julge.

    "I will tell you tomorrow."
  4. 유럽에 다녀올게요. [다녀오다]

    jeo yureop-e danyeoolgeyo.

    "I'm going to go to Europe."
  5. 제가 도와드릴게요. [도와드리다]

    je-ga dowadeurilgeyo.

    "Let me help you."

Notes
We often pronounce the (ge) in -/을게요 (-l eulgeyo) as (kke). Both pronunciations are acceptable; however, we use (ge) quite often.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق